Thursday, August 21, 2014

au naturel

Sitting under the cherry tree out in the open with my good friend Ravi we discuss our plans for the website while I enjoy a warm cup of tea and a delicious passion fruit tart and he a handsome slice of gooey chocolate cake (the chocolate cake is sinfully rich - believe me it is a choco-lovers orgasm) 


"Hi guys!" says Yohan as he comes out to to say hello and make sure we are all sorted. 

Yohan and his wife Ellie are the Merlins behind the Magic. It is sad that I don't really have a picture of the two... :( 


The English Cake Company (TECC) is one of the finest cakeries in the country without doubt. It is special coz the cakes are NAKED! 

L O L
Keeping true to the "All Natural" promise TECC offers un-decorated cakes, tarts, pies and desserts (they do savouries too) that have no artificial ingredients added. 
"Straight out of the oven!" says Yohan with a big smile. 
No proof is needed to confirm the latter, because as I dig my fork in to the cake it crumbles into soft lumps and as I put it in my mouth it melts instantly sending my taste buds on a wild trip to Flavour - Paradise! 
Believe me there is a MARKED difference in the flavour when natural ingredients are used. 

TECC's desserts are perfect for those who care about taste than looks. I would definitely recommend TECC for Birthdays!

Husbands and BFs, ditch the slab of chocolates and take home a chocolate cake from TECC, she will definitely love you for it! 

I and a bunch of my cake-o-holic friends are not TECC's most regular customers. As a matter of fact I am sure we can't even be called regulars, but the staff always remembers. And it is a nice treat to see them again, not so much as it is to taste the cakes though... 
;)  

My husband gives me this 'look' every time I mention cakes, so I know I cannot indulge in it as often as I would like to.  But TECC is always busy, with an open kitchen area where the guys and girls are happily at work, we can watch as more good stuff get made, the aroma filling the air! 
It reminds me so much of those Enid Blyton stories I used to read where a pixie steals the cakes off the window sill where it was kept to cool down. The cake must have smelt like this, no wonder he was tempted to steal it! L O L

O! and there is one more thing that is special about TECC's cakes; they use veggies in their cakes too!

This carrot cake for example is one of the favourites at TECC. 


They also have Chocolate-and-Beetroot Cake! Now, what would that taste like, you wonder...

I haven't tried it but it is reputed to be pretty good! 
..

Ok, now all this is making me real hungry... 
My husband isn't at home today so I guess I can help myself to some sweet-ness! 

Yippee! 



TC Sweet Readers

Love

~Portia~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment