Sunday, July 6, 2014

Escape the Mundane!

Recently I was asked what sort of books I like to read.
I felt a little embarrassed to answer but the truth is I like fantasy, magic and out-of-the-norm stuff.

What topics interest an individual is subjective to the individual and I do not stand in judgement over anyone's taste. And I hope no one judges me! :D

So I'm just going to state why I like what I like:

When I read I like to escape to a world different from the one in which I live. 
True stories, stories-inspired-by-true-stories or real life fiction like novels etc. are touching, heartwarming, inspiring and beautiful but they don't help one escape to the wild and exciting arena of IMAGINATION! 


From the magical folk up the 'Enchanted Tree' to the mystery solving clubs of 5 or 7 by Enid Blyton to the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (the fantasy novel series on which the famous Game Of Thrones TV Series is based) by George R. R. Martin; Mystery, Mystic, Adventure, Enigma, Super Natural Power, Enchantment and Magic has always released me from my earthly bonds and opened to me the universal possibilities of creation of the human mind. 

Blessed are the imaginative! 
LOL
Haha
Writing about it makes me sound like some mystic right? 

Well I am not - I am a normal woman caught up with the ticking clock and the rushing traffic - a part of the usual hustle of the everyday world. 
I am not Khaleesi who commands the dragons and cannot be killed by fire 
I am not Galadriel the greatest of elven women, immortal and unmatched in beauty and character.
I am not her or she, I am I, and I am You... 

Now you might me thinking that this post is absolutely unrelated to the blog page. 
But it is!

Forgive me if I took too much of your time to come to the point: :) 

Weddings, Parties and Events are one place/occasion where you can actually 'live' (at least one day) in your fantasies. The one day you can create the world as you would like it to be, the day you become Khaleesi or Galadriel! 

Girls, if you want to do it, and you can do it, DO IT! 
Create the craziest atmosphere on your wedding day or your 21st birthday! 
Dress up like Bella of Twilight, have those flowers hanging from the roof, go to a forest, set up the tables and chairs, bring in the flowers, wear a crown or even wings! 
If you are not in to twilight then something else of course! :) 


Live IT! 

Love
~Portia~

No comments:

Post a Comment