Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Petite Baker

Part of the Blue Roses team is a lovely young lady who most would know for her pretty face. 

But I got to know her first for her pretty-Pretty-PRETTy cakes! 

I searched allover and contacted all those whom I know to find the perfect cake decorator - perfect meaning 'Perfect AND Unique'. Because to be honest there are many perfectly skilled cake artists, but not all of them are unique - at least not like she is.This girl here is a different kind. 

I was standing with my photographer and my husband (of whom I'll write soon) in front of a stone wall and a narrow iron gate next to a cactus. It was almost 5.00 p.m. 

I looked for a board - but saw none. So I gave her a call, not sure if I was at the right place. A couple of minutes later I wad greeted by a guy (her brother-in-law) who walks us in through a narrow passage to a sitting room where she was seated before she stood up and turned to face us...
Her face was so full of excitement. I liked that - I loved it actually - there is nothing like a big smile and twinkling eyes in a person when meeting for the first time. That is far better than any hello. 

So we walked over to where she was pointing - a dark wood table which was laden with the loveliest blush and white madness. When I say madness don't get me wrong it was very neat and beautifully arranged, but the sight would drive any cake lover mad and I wasn't an exception. 

Take a look at these photos.

A feast to the eyes and undoubtedly an indulgence to the palate!


Meet Karandza Fernando of Petite Gateau
I typed that in pink because that is her favourite colour :) 



Take a look at this GORGEOUS wedding cake!  

Am I not proving a point here? 

Lots of Love to you K,

xoxo

~Portia~

No comments:

Post a Comment